New in 2015: Specialty Modality Certifications for new students!
You probably have many questions about what a career in massage therapy means for you. On the Massage Therapy page you will find some basic information. Get ready to “Nurture Your Dream”. We thoroughly prepare you for your massage licensing exam. In order to become licensed in most states, you will need to successfully pass the MBLEx. Our curriculum follows the MBLEx content outline found HERE.
Please visit our Continuing Education page to learn when we offer continuing education classes.
Top Ten Reasons Why You Should Choose TSTM!
- We are the only massage school in East Tennessee that is an NCBTMB Board Certified Assigned School.
- Our school has been in operation since January of 1999. Our instructors have more than forty years combined experience. They are all Licensed Massage Therapists as well as Reflexologists.
- In addition to Swedish Massage techniques, you will also receive certificates of completion for the following: Deep Tissue, Hot Stone, Pre-natal, Stretching and Hydrotherapy Massages.
- All textbooks, workbooks, flash cards, audio CDs, Anatomy in Clay© supplies, massage oil, and massage bottle holster are included in your tuition.
- We offer online testing so you will be able to take your exams at your convenience during the scheduled time frame. This allows more time in the classroom for instruction.
- We are the leading continuing education provider in this area offering thirty different classes. Examples include: Chakra Healing, Traditional Chinese Medicine Energy Workshop, Integrated Trigger Point Therapy, Lymphatic Drainage, Post Mastectomy Massage, Bamboo Massage and much more!
- Your success as a graduate is boosted by the incorporation of a marketing class into our curriculum as well as a post-graduate placement board at our school and on our website.
- Upon completion of your coursework, one of our instructors will assist you with your state paperwork. This eliminates most errors and prompts a speedy response.
- Our students participate in community charities by performing chair massage at health fairs, nursing facilities, schools, and hospitals.
- While participating in the student massage clinic, we schedule all of your clients for you.
One of the huge mistakes people make is they try to force an interest on themselves. You don’t choose your passion, your passion chooses you.
Tennessee School of Therapeutic Massage is authorized for operation as a postsecondary educational institution by the Tennessee Higher Education Commission. In order to view detailed job placement and completion information on the programs offered by Tennessee School of Therapeutic Massage, please visit Tennessee Higher Education Commission and click on the Authorized Institutions Data button.